Before beginning a session with you, it’s important to make sure you understand what’s involved and that you give your consent/agreement. If you have any questions, be sure to reach out to me for clarification before moving forward.
What is Reiki?
Reiki is a form of complementary health care practices which have been found to enhance the body’s ability to heal itself.
What Reiki is not
I want to be very clear that I am not a licensed physician. Reiki practitioners are meant to be a complement to “healing arts services,” i.e. they are a complement to traditional Western medicine provided by doctors, nurses, and other licensed medical professionals.
Theory of Treatment
Stress, trauma and illness restrict the natural flow of ki (chi) or “life force energy” through the body. By restoring the flow of life force energy through the body, Reiki rejuvenates the body’s ability to relax and supports the body’s ability to heal itself.
Although one session may be adequate, long-term imbalances in the body sometimes require multiple treatments in order to allow the body to reach the level of relaxation necessary to bring the system back into balance. Improvement often requires commitment on your part (e.g., willingness to make lifestyle changes) in order to fully benefit from Reiki treatment(s).
Nature of the Services Provided
During a Reiki session, you’ll be asked to lie or sit down in a quiet place with minimal interruptions. Energy will be transmitted as a distance healing session.
Once the session begins, you may experience heat, coolness, vibrations, tingling, light pressure, a slight pulling sensation, or nothing at all. As a Reiki Master practitioner, I’m simply a conduit for Reiki energy. It is believed that the energy is guided by God/Source/Spirit for the physical, mental, emotional, and/or spiritual well-being of the client. Therefore, a specific outcome cannot be guaranteed.
I, Raymond Hines, am a Reiki Master. After a year long apprenticeship, I received certification under the Usui Shiki Ryoho lineage in 2013 and have been practicing Reiki since then. I am also a long time member in good standing with the Distant Healing Network, an international healing organization.
Acknowledge & Consent to Receive Services
In order to use my services, it’s important that you acknowledge:
- I have read and understand the above guidelines and disclosure about the treatments and techniques offered by Raymond Hines, as well as his training and education.
- I have discussed any concerns I have about the nature of the treatment I will receive.
- If I experience any discomfort during the session(s), I agree to immediately inform Raymond.
- I understand that Raymond is not a licensed physician and that the alternative services that he will be providing to me are not licensed.
- I understand that it is my responsibility to maintain a relationship for myself with a medical doctor.
- I understand that Reiki is not a substitute for medical treatment or medications. I am aware that Raymond does not diagnose illness or disease nor does he prescribe medications or recommend supplements. I understand that any suggestions that are provided to me should not be taken as a diagnosis or recommendation against the advice of a licensed physician or mental health professional.
- I have consented to use the services offered by Raymond.
Okay, let’s set up a session!
Please provide your name, email address (no telephone numbers, please – I am deaf) and a general time frame for your session that’s at least one or two weeks from today. I am available late afternoons and evenings. I recommend evenings where you can wind down from the day and block out a few hours before and after the session.
Depending on my availability, I may suggest alternative dates/times, but either way I will reach out to you via email to confirm our session and how to prepare for it, etc. Give me at least a few days to get back with you as I may be on the road or in the wild without cellular service.
In “area of focus” (purely optional) very briefly provide a general idea of what you’d like the session to focus on – please do not give specific details as they are not necessary. Bear in mind due to the nature of healing energy, it will go where it is needed most, not always where you think it needs to go.